We are grateful for your service and kōkua! As caring adults who connect with and influence our keiki, we are excited to share Keiki Heroes resources (website, Facebook and Instagram channels) with you. Keiki Heroes provides tools to help keiki learn positive behaviors that keep them healthy and allow them to thrive during the pandemic and beyond.
All of the printed materials are available for free download at our shop.
Distance learning environment and in-person instruction resources
- Keiki Heroes Pledge: Keiki can take the pledge in the activity book, on this pledge page, or by taking it online here. If taken online, they can download a personalized certificate and Keiki Hero ID card that can be used for future benefits. This will encourage keiki to do what they can to stay safe and protect their ‘ohana, friends and adults who care for them.
- Keiki Question Videos: Experts answer ten questions that keiki in our community presented about COVID and what they are curious about. You can share them with keiki and ask them about answers they may have to some of these questions or other questions they have that are not addressed. We are inviting keiki to submit questions here.
- Keiki Heroes Activity Books: Available in English, ‘Ōlelo Hawaiʻi and 13 other languages including Spanish, Marshallese, Chuukese, Tagalog, etc. The activity books provide an engaging way for keiki to learn and internalize positive behaviors.
- Keiki Heroes Ambassadors: Program that promotes leadership in older keiki and ‘opio to model and teach positive behaviors to younger keiki, leveraging their respective talents like storytelling, art, photography, videography, etc.
Sample materials from Keiki Heroes
- Three flyers that highlight positive behaviors:
- Stickers: Kai “Respect the Bubble” and Hōkū “Respect the Bubble” and Keiki Heroes stickers that can be given to students as incentives and for recognizing their positive behaviors.
- Buttons: “I am a Keiki Hero” artwork available with Kai or Hōkū. These buttons can be paired with the Keiki Heroes Pledge to provide incentive for students to pledge to be a keiki hero and adopt positive health behaviors and a mindset that is “kind and compassionate.”